Thursday, November 10, 2005

Reason #1: Build Amazing Extended Military Family

Growing up in a military family means living among a community of other military families who bond and create a unique type of environment. Neighbors living in military housing are much more open to getting to know each other and helping each other. U.S. military bases offer families a wide variety of recreation, educational, and spiritual types of activities. Pictured at left is a group of women in military families singing hymns around the piano in our home when we were stationed in Chateauroux, France when I was a child. I knew that any of these women and many others helped look after me and considered me to be a part of their extended family. In the military family community, there is a strong bond that last over lifetimes, even though families move periodically to different areas.

My thoughts for today.

Sheila Witherington

No comments: